President Obama’s new bioethics commission has issued its first report, which is evaluating synthetic biology. I am glad to see they are following the precedent of the previous council and are issuing long, (hopefully) substantive reports. Here is the NYTimes version. The PCSBI website also has a press release and FAQ available for easier reading. I hope to read the full report and get an evaluation up on TMMF soon.
December 16, 2010
President’s Bioethics Commission’s New Report on Synthetic Biology
By Brian Green
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 16th, 2010 at 10:41 pm and posted in Bioethics, Brian Green, Politics, Science and Ethics. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Interesting moral psych research - changing languages changes moral decision-making sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/… 3 years ago
- Pope Francis pursues sinner across the roof of the Vatican - The Onion humor theonion.com/articles/pope-… 3 years ago
- Noah's Ark was one thing... Given current existential threats, is it now time to build a "Space Ark"? spacenews.com/article/opinio… 3 years ago
- Kiloton equivalent asteroids hit the Earth all the time. B612 Foundation wants to do something about it - great video vimeo.com/92478179 3 years ago
- What Science Can and Cannot say about Ethics: academia.edu/6658629/What_S… #ethics 3 years ago
- "I Will Wait For You": The Meaning and Morality of Waiting
- Is Power Evil? The Ethics of Power
- Martin Luther King, Ethics, and the Law
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell: A Philosophical and Ethical Book Review
- Reflections on Individualism and Catholic Social Teaching, Part I
- On the real cost of food, or, why your carrots really are worth (at least) $2.50
Search the MoralMindfield
- Broiling Base Pairs: Is It Unnatural to have a CRISPR Genome?
- Reflections on the San Francisco Archdiocese Sprinkler Case
- Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence
- Concupiscence and Evolution
- Self-Assertion as a Virtue
- Review of Cosmos Episode 1: Giordano Bruno Steals the Show
- The Transhuman Visions Conference – My Synopsis
- Mitochondrial Replacement: The Issue isn’t Mitochondria
- What Marius represents
- Space Ethics: Is Exploration a Moral Imperative? Why to Go or Stay Home
- Guest Post at CatholicMoralTheology.com – Biotechnology Needs More Attention
- Media Says Pope Francis Calls for “More Mercy, Less Orthodoxy”
- The Composition of Our Lives
- Should Ethicists Be Held to a Higher Moral Standard?
- Climate Change Enhanced Wildfires: Will These Burned Forests Grow Back?